- Moisten skin with water for about three minutes. Shaving oil is the best bet for a close smooth shave. Water plumps up the hair, making it easier to cut, and the shaving oil helps retain the moisture.
- Use long, even strokes without applying excessive pressure. Shave carefully over bony areas like ankles, shins and knees.
- For knees, bend slightly to pull the skin tight before shaving, as folded skin is difficult to shave.
- Stay warm to prevent goose bumps, as any irregularity in the skin surface can complicate shaving.
- Don't press too hard! Simply let the blade and handle do the work for you.
- Remember to shave in the direction of hair growth. Take your time and shave carefully over sensitive areas. For a closer shave, carefully shave against the grain of hair growth.
Tuesday, May 12, 2009
Shaving Tips For Women
Posted by Uptick at 12:55 PM